Tuesday, May 24, 2016

an unhealthy fixation

It's Friday night, 
The wine has already seeped deep into my veins 
The thought of sending you a text crosses my mind. 

As I invite you over, 
Knowing we should only be friends.
Your hand rests on my leg, 
Our eyes meet, 
Our mouths lock. 

Passionate enough for the moment we're sharing. 
Surely it isn't healthy
to be this attracted to someone,
who has only ever called me beautiful
when his mind was soaked in alcohol.

Seduce me, 
reduce me,
fool me, 

You're an unhealthy fixation,
With a cotton-candy kiss;
A sweet slip of tongue,
You fooled me.

It's not about the cigarettes we shared ; 
It's about the smoke. 
The smoke is like sex to my throat.

Oh how bittersweet it is;
To look at you
To be beside you.

Your memory is a bittersweet melody
That is stuck in my skull,
The bitter reminder of it being over
But the sweet remembrance of your soft kiss.

Seduce me, 
             reduce me,
fool me, 

Just don't elude me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment